Adding A Soil Description
Launch the soil description input box by clicking on the (+) sign or on the actual record. You will first be prompted for start and end depth for the soil description. Click 'Update'
Select the 'Main Composition' of the soil type
You are then presented with the MAIN soil description screen. Each 'soil type' is broken down into its descriptive elements in accordance with British Standards 5930, in this case CLAY. Cycle through each section by clicking the top buttons.
1. Select consistancy and click next.
2. Select colours and hues and click next. You can select up to 4 colours and state whether it is dark, light, mottled or multi-coloured.
3. Select secondary constituents and click next. ie. the CLAY could be 'slightly silty'.
4. Add any minor constituents
5. Add geological formation (if known) and click next.
6. Add any other comments and click next.
7. The completed soil description (in accordance with BS9530)
Photos - By clicking on the camera icon, you can add a photo as a part of the description.